Sunday, November 4, 2012

Anthony Bourdain’s top five bars

I have a bit of a backlog, I owe a lot of posts on places across the US- but while I shirk the awesome responsibility of helping you drink and dine your ways across the globe, there is a list of  Anthony Bourdain's Top 5 Bars over at the annoying, ad- and popup-laden Food and Wine magazine web site. 

These skew heavily towards dive bars, and I’m good with that.  I can vouch for two of the five myself, Double Down and Mac’s Club Deuce (one on the backlog list); and the other three are on my list of places to hit when my travels take me to their cities.

Yes, this list is over a month old, but better late than never?  And by the way, do not click the “related” article “50 best bars in America”, it is a obnoxious slideshow of mostly pretentious and undoubtedly hipster-laden posers.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment